Monday, July 14, 2008

American Pottery Festival


A bunch of months ago the Northern Clay Center in Minneapolis MN asked me to participate in the American Pottery Festival. Well folks the deadline for sending my 120 pieces is fast approaching. I made a full 2 moth calender this weekend where every day is filled in with either the word cast, slip, glaze or clean up. It gets sort of repetitive. I also have a craft show in Collingswood NJ in a few short weeks and the studio is surprisingly low on dishes right now.

Anyhow is spent yesterday cleaning the studio like crazy, mixing 300lbs of casting slip, 8 vats of different colored slips and mentally preparing myself for what lies ahead. I ending the day with a long stint at the dog park with my friend Aaron. It was a perfect calm before the storm.

I write this post after my first round of casting. I am not in the thick of it yet but soon, very soon. Still able to rise my head up for air. If you don't hear from me for a while you will know where I am.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Congratulations on your success - keep busy!

-j.

Michele D. said...

May the force be with you!!

michele d.